The boys are 11 months old. Can you believe it? I know I can’t. I really can’t! I am in full planning for their 1st birthday. I think I mentioned before that it’s going to be a superhero theme. I will give you a little glimpse of their invites. My husband took some ideas from online and ran with it using Photoshop.Here’s a little peek:
Sorry it’s dark, my camera was being funky 🙂 As you can see, my hubs turned the boys into comic book babies. LOVE! I can’t give him all the credit though, it was my idea haha. We are suggesting that guests wear their favorite superhero shirt…it will make for some fun pics! I purchased a bunch of stuff at Hobby Lobby and will making a lot of stuff on my own, with the help of my hubs and friends (why thank you Pinterest!) I was stressing about this party for a bit and then decided to not stress anymore. Pizza, snacks, cute desserts and maybe a candy bar (more for me than anyone else..filled with lots and lots of chocolate! mwahaha) and just a laid back time of goodness and fun! The cake struggle is real though…I wanted a very cool cake. Something tiered, superheros and what not…I went to get an estimate and it was $180 STARTING! Hahahahaa, not going to happen. Nope. I will figure something else out. The cake lady came to me from a place of “I can’t..” which I don’t like. She also came from a place of, “It will cost the price of a wedding cake…” and uh, I wasn’t having that either. Tomorrow we will look again. I know cakes aren’t a big deal but let me tell you about who I am. I’m the kind of person who picks one detail that’s really important and then doesn’t care about anything else but that detail. For wedding it was chair covers…for this, it’s the cake. *Sigh* It’ll all work out.
So 11 months has been interesting. It’s been INSANITY. I’m with my friend who called out the people who said it, “gets easier”..I’m calling bullcrap on that one too! 11 months has brought in some craziness from my boys, mixed in with a whole lot of cuteness. I will start with pictures. Ready? Here we go!
At a friends house that they decided to destroy. Note the puzzle pieces thrown everywhere (when we came in, it was a complete puzzle. M is getting ready to play the game where he pulls out as many wipes as he can and Mommy attempts to put them all back in.
Mom, you’re really trying to get us to fit on this mini couch? Really?
Enjoying VBS with the “big” kids!
This is a small glimpse of what we’ve been seeing. Lots of screaming, crying, and showing off their personalities.
The babies first time in a pool! I thought they would be filled with excitement and joy, similar to how they react to their bathtime. However, we were met with complete indifference and some attitude. Like, how DARE you try to put us into a cold pool. You won’t get a smile from us here.
Celebrating our first 4th of July together! Last weekend we also had some friends stay with us, a friend of my husband’s and his very loud…er, cute daughter…it was boat loads of awesomeness. Our house was filled with two babies and a very feisty four year old! Fun times all around. And yeah, it was loud all the time too.
11 months has brought on bought so much joy and insanity including :
- Mini tantrums for things they want/don’t want. They are quite dismayed when we don’t cave in to every demand.
- Wanting more table food and less baby food. Whenever we are eating, even if they’ve just eaten…they crawl to the tables and grab our legs or give us a hardcore stare that reads “Give me your food. NOW.”
- Trying out more foods and discovering their likes/dislikes for certain things! M-berry is more open to trying new things where if Jo-Jo doesn’t like something, you can just forget it. He won’t eat it.
- They’re SO much more interactive with each other and make each other laugh. This includes screaming, making loud sounds, poking each other, and whatever else works.Every morning they have a conversation with each other in their room while they wait for us to get to them. They are in separate cribs that face each other (across the room) so while they wait they like to chit chat or jump up and down. Thus, we have lowered the cribs!
- Lots and lots of cuddle time. They know what it is to cuddle and they love it. They will rub their heads against our knees while we are sitting and say “Ma ma” or “Da Da” and hold out their hands to us. Adorable!
- Jo-Jo has finally graduate from the dead leg army crawl, to full on big boy crawling! He now gets around much faster. As for walking? We are not there yet! I try to prompt them along but when I do that, they want to be held. They have been testing out letting go of things as they stand. They will walk when they’re ready! I’m okay with that, I’m not sure if I’m ready! The growing up happens so fast.
So yep, that’s what’s going on in our neck of the woods. I have been LOVING and I mean, LOVING having my husband home with us all the time. Every day is family day. We have been connecting with our friends and family much more because he’s not working all of the time. I’ve been able to get out of the house more and feel like a normal human being and he’s been able to get out and interact with his friends a day or two a week to play basketball (which I insist on). I’ve been working on curriculum a couple of days a week, giving my husband the chance to be home full time with the boys on full daddy duty, which he’s done plenty of times before but now it’s more consistent so it’s been pretty awesome. How are my lovely blogger friends? I’ve missed you all! It’s been such a busy summer! I look forward to catching up! xoxo