Lately there have been SOOOO many amazing movies that have come out that I have been itching to see. I have been straight DESPERATE to see these movies. “What movies?” you may ask. Here they are:
- Divergent – Because DUH the books were AMAZING. I don’t care if it’s not just like the book, I don’t care if I’m not a big fan of the actor’s they’ve picked. I MUST see it!!!! So that I can criticize it myself and finally be able to see the film version of one of my absolute favorite books!
- God’s not Dead – The title speaks for itself. God’s.Not.Dead. With a title like that, I have to see it. I have heard nothing but rave reviews for this movie and I love Jesus and agree with the title – God’s not Dead. Come onnnnn and let’s go!
- Heaven is for Real – Read the book. Total eye opener. Heaven, from the perspective of a child. Need I say more?
However, our dilemma has been finding a sitter so that we can have a date night. When I was out on maternity leave it was sooooo much easier. Why? Because I was with the boys all day, so people (and by people, I mean my mom and mother-in-law) were glad and more than willing to watch the boys for us. However, lately we have found it really hard to find a sitter for our twins. One of the main issues is because the two people that we rely on the most, watch the boys during the week for us. This means that on their free time, they want to keep it just that..free time. Can I blame them really? At some point, they need to tend to their own lives too. I get why it’s more difficult for them to give up the weekends. Our dilemmas:
- Tis’ the season for parties, bridal showers, and weddings. Most of these events are adults only (don’t get me started, I have a whole post waiting to be written about that one..). There seems to be an event EVERY weekend. It is a near impossibility to find a sitter for every single event. Also, what if…just what if…on a weekend, I actually wanted to spend time with the two boys I am away from all week long. Let me stop. I don’t want to rant!
- Because we use up our babysitters for these events (especially weddings, since I am related to the people getting married!), it’s hard to get them for date nights.
- There are only 3 people, to be exact, who are willing/capable of watching our boys on their own. Two of these people we are related to, the other is a single mom who is extremely busy on her own end.
- Because we have twins, it’s hard to find ONE person who will watch them alone, besides the 3 people mentioned above. Can I blame them? It took me a few months to get comfortable with being on my own with my own babies. It can be challenging.
- When we are invited to an event, usually our babysitters are invited too. This means…who will watch the boys?
Good news – we were fortunate enough to snag my mom for this Saturday so that we can sneak away for a couple of hours! This was awesome because usually my mom and dad go out and do their thing Saturday…but because my dad is busy with work, it freed up my mom for this weekend. SCORE!! Now to pick what movie we will see! I’m almost tempted to watch two movies back to back (haha) because who knows when we will find a sitter again? Oh well, at least we have one date night coming our way!
What about you? What do you do when you want to go on a date night and need a sitter? Do share!