M-Berry and Jo-Jo beans are 9 months. WOW. It happened so fast. What’s going on in list form:
- Both boys are active crawlers. M-berry crawls faster than Jo-Jo, Jo-Jo is still doing more of the army crawl. It’s super cute!
- They are really active now and more easily entertained. They also like to entertain themselves.
- They are more interested in random objects than actual baby/toddler toys. No – really. They can have the BEST baby toys in the world. What do they choose to play with? The remote control. My show. A baby wipes package. Really? I think we are going to take a pause on buying so many toys and let them explore the world a bit, since that’s what they truly want to do any way! I just find it hilarious.
- M-berry says “Dadda” and “Baba” while Jo-Jo says “Mama” and “Baba.” At times the music in our house is “Dadadadada” or “Mamamama.” I think it’s adorable that one said Mama first, and the other said Dada first. Does it get any cuter?
- Jo-Jo continues to be much heavier than M-berry. By like, 4 pounds. The difference is noticeable even just by looking at the two!
- It’s harder to manage them on my own in church because they’re so active! They don’t want to stay in the carseat, they prefer to crawl…and our church doesn’t have a nursery or any place for babies/toddlers so they roll under peoples chairs, talk throughout the whole sermon. Makes for some interesting experiences in church!
- We love taking them out for walks around the neighborhood.
- They LOVEEEE to eat solids! They’re much more interested in eating than they are drinking right now. We give them breakfast (fruit), lunch (vegetable), and dinner (a mix). We give them baby yogurt about once a day, maybe every other day or so.
- We have introduced the sippy cup to both boys. Jo-Jo is much better with it. M-berry still prefers to use the bottle, but we give him the sippy cup any way with juice or water. We give them about 2-3 oz of apple juice a few times a week, once a day. Their main liquid is still formula, as it should be at this point.
- Baby fashion – I’ve had such a good time shopping for these two! I’m starting to find that there are a lot of super cute things for little boys. You just have to know where to shop!
- Sitting independently. M-berry can pull himself into a sitting position and sit independently. He can also bring himself down. Jo-Jo can sit on his own but doesn’t seem really interested in it. Stubborn little thing!
- Object permanence. M-berry cries when he sees us leave the room. Sometimes we have to distract him and sneak out. Jo-Jo has moments where he cries and moments where he could really care less. It’s funny.
- Jo-Jo is more independent. He would rather be crawling around and exploring the world. M-berry would much rather be in Mommy and Daddy’s arms where he is safe and secure.
- They love their Daddy!
These boys still do not typically sleep through the night. Jo-Jo STILL sleeps much better than M-berry. What..the…heck. It has become our norm and part of our routine now. We will see a full night of sleep when they are adults.
They are my boys, I adore them, and they are 9 months. Oh goodness!