While everyone is over here writing really emotional posts about 2016…I’m over here like:
2016. I won’t miss you. Yes, there were so many amazing highlights to this year:
- My family – my sweet boys, my amazing husband. This year more than any other year, I have never been so grateful for this squad that I get to call my own family!
- My niece and best friend moving to the East Coast.
- An awesome student teacher who literally made this school year a million times greater because she was so amazing.
- A church family I love, pastors who are the REAL DEAL. Love them so much.
- Husband making a career move to full-time agent which opened up so much more family time.
- Home renovations.
- Boys went to preschool and are slaying the game.
- I’ve really learned who “my people” are this year – this has been amazing.
There are a thousand blessings upon blessings that I can go on and on about!
But…if I’m being truthful. I won’t miss this year. This year was a HARD year. There was so much triumph, but a lot of pain as well. I ended this year being confident in who I am, being unshakable in what I believe, learning how to prioritize my life (God, family, ministry) and the lessons continue to unfold. I am so tremendously grateful for such an awesome husband and two gorgeous little boys who give me endless joy every day. For that, I feel like a winner at life. Nonetheless, 2016…
I won’t miss you, don’t want to repeat you.
On the other hand, 2017…