I flew solo this weekend with two sick babies and I survived.

Monday is approaching and normally I would be filled with dread…but tonight I’m slightly relieved – don’t judge me. lol. It’s been an intense weekend. Thursday night while I was sleeping I noticed a strange cough coming from the nurse. Barky and like someone was trying to catch his breath. I immediately shot up in bed and woke my husband up and said, “Did you hear that?” He look at me, bleary eyed and mumbled, “Hear what?” I jumped out of bed and ran to the nursery only to see my little M-Berry coughing and crying. I picked him out and brought him to our room and we gave him a treatment with the nebulizer. His breathing didn’t seem to improve so I called the doctor (at this point it was about 2:30 am) and by the time the doctor called us back I already decided. He was going to the ER. At this point it was like he was struggling to breathe well and it reminded me of when my younger brother used to get croup…so my husband took him. They were there for several hours and he received a steroid which helped his breathing out. Thankfully he wasn’t admitted. My husband came home at 6 am, slept for an hour, and then went into work at 7 am. One hour of sleep for my man. It was THAT kind of start to the weekend. Poor guy. Friday night we didn’t get much sleep because at this point, Jo-Jo was sick too so there was a lot of hacking and coughing going on in that nursery.

Fast forward to Saturday. Saturday was pretty nightmarish because I was dealing with two sick and cranky babies all day on my own. See the evidence below:



Sheer anger. Notice how Jo-Jo is looking at his brother. Like, “Ummmm, really…are we doing this? Chill out kid.” These pictures summarize my Saturday. Needless to say, I was counting down the hours until my husband would arrive home which was at 3:30 pm. At abut 1:30 I get a dreaded call from the hubs – “Someone called out. I have to pull a double.” ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I begged him to tell me it was a joke, but alas – it was not. I was having a real challenge trying to handle both boys when both wanted to be held and cuddled the entire time because they are sick…but I only have two arms. It was exhausting. Screaming, screaming, screaming. I texted my mom about it, more to vent than anything else because my husband had the cars with car seats and she came over so I could pick up the car. She helped for a bit then headed home to go out with my dad. A few hours later she called me back, heard the screaming babies in the background, and without a word showed on my doorstep to help me out the rest of the night. She also bought dinner for me. I LOVE THIS LADY!

Today after church, hubs had to work again. Essentially, he worked the entire weekend leaving this frazzled mommy with two babies who were under the weather. I feel like going back to work is going to be a break from the weekend I had. The great side of it all – the boys seem to be feeling much better (hoorah!) – the proof is in the pic[s] <3



Now…at the moment, I am watching The Bachelorette while the boys sleep peacefully. I made it.


6 thoughts on “I flew solo this weekend with two sick babies and I survived.

  1. sparrow says:

    So glad they are feeling better!! That sounds absolutely exhausting, and scary with the ER visit. Hope this weekend is more relaxing! When I read the title of this I thought you’d actually flown in an airplane with two sick babies, which sounds crazy impressive, but also I think the airlines don’t allow one adult with two babies, so that didn’t really make sense. Anyway, nice work. And your babies are so adorable I can’t stand it 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *