School has been absolutely kicking my butt this year! It’s been a few weeks since I’ve been back and my life has been utterly dominated by work. I love my students, they are amazing…but the work load this year is intense! I’m teaching a new course and it’s a lot of prep work and homework for me. I don’t have to be at work until 8:15 and am “done” at 3:15, technically speaking. I’ve been going in at 7:30 am and leaving at 4:30 and sometimes even 5. Being an educator in NJ is NOT for the faint of heart! Teaching is for those who truly have a passion for it. It is the only way you will survive. Because I want to give my best in my job, I am consumed by lesson plans, grading, prep, creating things…it’s pretty hectic. There are times when I feel disheartened. I miss my babies SO much. I barely have time to call home and/or FaceTime when I’m at work. When I come home, I want nothing more than to just play with my babies and snuggle them…so that’s what I do. In September I will be doing an after school program…so at least I will be getting paid for the extra time that I stay there. But gosh, I miss my boys so much.
Nonetheless, my heart is filled with so much gratitude. What I’m loving right now –
- Having my husband home with the babies. At least I know they are in the best hands.
- Taking lovely evening strolls with my little family and enjoying the crisp air. Fall is here.
- Pumpkin everything. Today I had the chance to eat pumpkin macaroons. LIFE CHANGING.
- Married At First Sight – the fact that two of my favorite couples on the show are still together and are as happy as a clam.
- Buying cute clothes/shoes on Ebay for a fraction of the price I would pay in a store.
- Wearing my hair curly and embracing my “natural” self more.
This weekend is missionary weekend at the church we’ve been visiting. We will be focusing on India and the plight of women in that country. In the end, I’m grateful to have the freedom that I have here and the opportunity to work. I will learn to swim and hopefully balance it all…I have no choice 🙂