So…we are a few months away from my boys’ first birthday. They were born on July 26, 2014. We plan on celebrating August 3. The dilemma is this – do I have a small celebration or do I go big? If so, should I have an indoor party or an outdoor party? Lastly, WHERE am I going to have this party? The last one is my biggest dilemma. My husband and I just can’t seem to agree. He wants to host the party outside in our backyard, I want to use a hall and do an indoor party. I do NOT want to do this for several reason:
- Our yard work requires a ton of work. A tree fell down in the backyard a few months ago and it would need to be hacked, sawed, cleaned up.
- When we did some remodeling in our home, we created a section of debris for the drywall. My husband’s responsibility was to put it in a truck, take it to the dumpster. Needless to say, it is still there.
- Because we would be celebrating their birthday in August, it will be scorching hot. The people we are inviting have babies, children, and some will be elderly. My home will NOT accommodate all of these people…so the majority will have to be outside.
- If it rains, we would have to cancel the entire party.
- It would be more of a stressful experience for me than it would be a “fun” one.
This is all meeeee. I know people host plenty of outdoor, successful parties…but the idea gives me serious apprehension. We do not own a single outdoors “thing” for our backyard except for a grill. It would be more cost effective to host something indoors.
My husband feels that it’s simple – throw a tent up in the back and done deal. Um…what about tables? Chairs? What about everything else?! AHHH. He is actually a good party planner, even though I am making him out not to be one…haha. He threw me a baby shower along with my mom and it was absolutely adorable. If we can get on the same page for the location of this party, we will be in good shape. You may be thinking, why are we even worried about the party now? Since it’s the summer time, I am not working and need to put money aside, buy things now, and also make sure that everyone saves the date for this occasion since people vacation often in the summer! So yes – these are my challenges. Our original plan was to do something super small but too many people who love the boys want to come to whatever we do. I don’t want to gip them or the boys. People love them and I appreciate that. Decisions, decisions. We need to figure something out soon so that we (and by we, I really mean me) can have some peace of mind. Also, we are throwing around what to do for the theme. I want to do something music related!
Share your thoughts, ideas, and suggestions! My ears , wide open !